I’m still running with the t shirt refashioning theme, I think this may have to be my most simplest one yet! The tutorial will be about 5 points long, that’s how simple it is.
I bought a pack of 2 t shirts, the one I used here is an XXXL as I wants enough material to make a dress. The other t shirt is black so I’d like to make a little black cutie with that.
Photos first then I’ll get to the details
Now for the tutorial.
1. Cut neck band off (you can use this as a belt/tie like it did)
2. Wrap 1″ wide elastic around your chest (where I’m wearing it), make sure it overlap it an inch then cut.
3. Where you have cut the neck band off, fold it down just over an inch all the way round and stitch down. Leaving a gap to thread your elastic through.
4. Thread your elastic either using a safety pin, a knitting needle or a pencil (safety pin is a lot easier and quicker).
5. Stitch both elastic ends together, overlapping them an inch. Now you can sew the gap closed.
You can either sew the arm ends closed to make sleeves and chop them off completely and stitch closed with original seam.
You have your own Tee Dress!
As this was my first attempt at this, I wanted to keep it simple. I may paint it or dip dye it in the future, I could attach studs to it too. I’ll make a black version and research some cut out designs to reveal another colour underneath.
Such a simple design but so many ideas to make it look unusual.