I recently made this top from an oversized T shirt (I had a “before” pic but my phones not functioning at the moment), as you may have noticed I have gotten really into upcycling clothes lately.
So here are the photos of said upcycle.
I named this a hipster top because of the slogan on it, enough said.
I’m hoping to make a few more of these, I’ve started another one with the sides cut out.
Here’s a little tutorial:
1. Cut the sleeves, sides and hem off.
2. Cut above bust of t shirt
3. Sewing side seams wrong sides together and fringe.
4. Hem top edge.
5. Find the centre and snipe an opening.
6. Using the hem trim, cut that open and fold length ways.
7. Use a safety pin to thread through the top opening you have made.
Then you’ll have your refashion top 🙂
I hope you’re all having a great weekend!