Peplum “Punk” Completed!
I finally finished my peplum top and (as usual) I want to make more. It’s a little bigger than my size but I want it that way so I can wear other tops underneath it, like I’ve done in the photos below.
Here are some photos for your eyes!
The collar is lined with fleece as I thought it would be easier than sewing double leatherette (it wasn’t), and I hand stitched a thin strip of lining fabric to the neckline… it looks nice if you don’t look too closely!
I think cutting out the pieces I think it was pretty straight forward after that, I think I made it easier on myself by inserting an open ended zip (I tacked in place then stitched it in by machine). Using this has got me thinking about sewing a jacket or blazer, I’ve seen a few being sewn and I want to give a try.
Before I go off course, there are some more versions of peplums I’d like to try. Like a a peplum pointed in the centre front, a puff hem and a camouflage version.
So many possibilities!