I have been sewing as usual, I just haven’t got around to taking a lot of pictures… this seems to be a regular thing now.
I had a request to make a cute two piece for a friends birthday party in August, these were the photos I was given as a reference.
I was wiling to make the all as the skirts looked simple enough and she could swap the tops, she wanted a version of the last one. I’m thinking of making a version for myself to be honest!
To make sure it fit and she liked it I made a toile, I sent her these pictures before she wore it and she was excited already, I didn’t want to disappoint her at the viewing!
Great news! I didn’t disappoint and she was happy with how it looked, I just needed to adjust the waistband. Here’s how it looks on.
I used a cheaper version for the toile as I figured I wouldn’t lose out too much, It looks decent but you can tell the difference after looking at the final garment fabric.
As this was a thin, springy type of jersey I ended up having to interface the final garment to make sure it stayed flat. This didn’t take long at all but it’s a lesson for next time.
This is the final garment before I interfaced and hemmed the skirt.
Now finally how it looks on the client, she and her mom were happy with the outcome and now I really want to make my own, slightly different version.
There are so many options to try with something as simple as this and I have a lot of jersey laying around at the moment to when I have time I’m going to try a few things. Until then I’ve been making my mom a few harem pants which will be posted on here at some point.