I made a sassy yet elegant dress for a client and friend that wanted it for a ball.
As soon as I saw the pattern she wanted me to use, I recognised it and knew I was going to enjoy making it. Plus I’ve always wanted to sew one of Mimi G Styles patterns (I used BB8045 the plus sized version)
I first sewn a toile (a practice version) to make adjust it after a fitting before cutting the final garment
The adjustments that were required were shortening the length at hem, shortening and taking in sleeves. Then making the midsection wider when cutting the final garment.
Also my client wanted to omit the gathering with elastic on the midsection, which I though was best.
The fabric she picked out for this dress it lovely and looks very similar to the one Mimi used for the cover of the pattern.
Here’s a close up before I attached the band. This is also when I new I wanted to make myself one of these in the shorter version
The final piece, she picked a trim so I could make a matching choker (I like making chokers… a lot!)
I’ve only just become aware that my list of requests/orders has been growing. I’ve noted them down and remembered being asked to make more things while doing the list… I need to be more organised!